Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Devildriver Bassist Leaves Band

Blabbermouth is reporting that Jonathan Miller, bassist for the world renowned metal band Devildriver is walking away from the band in a statement released yesterday.  The statement read as follows:
"I just wanted to thank all of the Devildriver fans around the world for their die-hard love and support for the past nine years. 
Yesterday, I decided to leave Devildriver.  It was the most difficult decision of my life but it is something that I needed to do for myself. 
I had the best time of my life hanging out with all of you guys, but it is time for me to move on.
Much love to everyone."
Multiple media avenues have reported that this may be a direct result of "drugs and alcohol catching up with him" as he had told reporters in an interview back in December. Filling in for Miller for the past few months has been the band's tour manager Aaron Patrick (a.k.a. "Bubble"), formerly of Bury Your Dead.

Read the full report at Blabbermouth