Monday, January 16, 2012

Slipknot Members Form Movie Production Company

Photo by: Chelsea Lauren/WireImage
Yes, you read that right. And yes, it's going to be as badass as it sounds. Lead vocalist Corey Taylor and percussionist M. Shawn Crahan, a.k.a. Clown, have formed a film production company called Living Breathing Films. They told Rolling Stone Magazine that they are going to be heading to the world renowned Sundance Film Festival to officially unveil the company. Even more exciting, they said their films would intertwine Slipknot's music and flair for the aesthetic all over. Crahan is widely known around the music industry to be one of the most creative artists going on to say;

"Our movies are going to be psychological. They’re going to affect you. When The Exorcist came out people got up and left after 15 minutes and that turns us on," Crahan says. "If I haven’t got someone to leave in five minutes for at least one of my films then I’m not doing my job."

Taylor's love for film runs deep. Crahan told Rolling Stone that when Slipknot made "their first bit of scratch" that Taylor went out and bought $10,000 worth of DVDs.

"I just watched Good Will Hunting a week ago and I actually cried three times in the movie," Crahan says. "That’s what Robin Williams can do to me – he can make me laugh as a comedian, but as an actor I completely believe him," Taylor said.

One of the coolest parts of this story is that the pair will be absolutely hands on when it comes to their films. Crahan is said to eventually want to direct and Taylor will even write and star in the films. However, they'll take their time for now.