Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Black Sabbath to Release New Album & Tour

The rumor mills have been churning with this one for a long time now; and now it's just become official. Since last year when Ozzy Osbourne stumbled through a few interviews when questioned about the chances of a reunion, he continually kept stating, "Well, I never say never." Iommi has finally officially confirmed the fact that the "Iron Man" legends have been back writing music together. The original lineup consists of Ozzy, Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward.

In an interview with Birmingham Mail, Iommi stated;
"Ozzy’s been the worst at trying to hold it back," he said. "He’s doing a lot of TV and he’s being asked stuff about a reunion and he’s going 'well I never say never. I had umpteen number of people on the phone asking if I fancied getting together with a band but I couldn’t tell them what I was doing. I just had to say I was busy." 
He went on to say, "I think the stuff we’ve been writing is really good. It’s more back to the old original stuff."
So now comes the question for you all; are you excited or do you think they should have left the memories of "Iron Man" and "War Pigs" in our heads, and not possibly taint our view of the legendary band by releasing less-than-legendary new music?